Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Couple of Floridians.......

We celebrated Valentine's Day by officially becoming Florida residents. Not the most exciting thing ever, but a very necessary step to take. And it turned out to be relatively painless. What is it about the DMV that makes me such a basket case? Especially here in Florida. It's more like applying for a passport. So many documents you have to bring with you to be sure you can prove you are who you say you are and you are residing where you say you are. A little too "Big Brother is watching you" for my taste. But whatever. You do what you have to do, right?

This was a very bittersweet experience for the both of us. When we became Arizona residents six years ago we couldn't have been more excited. So turning over our AZ drivers licenses was sad for us. That might sound like a ridiculous thing to care about, but Arizona is still home to us. You get to thinking crazy things like what if something happens to prevent us from ever returning there? I know. Crazy talk. But life can take some crazy turns! Anyway, enough boo hooey-ness. Here is the proof that I am now legal here....

They do go all out for Valentines Day, don't they? Teeheehee..........

So if anyone is looking for detailed information on becoming a resident of Florida for the purpose of full-time RVing, look no further than here: Chris & Cherie's Wonder Guide to Establishing Residency in Florida (seriously....these guys do the hard work so you don't have to!). If I try to write that much detailed information my head explodes! 

Oh I almost forgot! We had the chance to meet the above mentioned Chris & Cherie the other day. Always good to meet others who are living as nomads. And they have been doing it longer than most, so it was so great to be around the really good, calm, centered energy that experience brings with it. And that they are so willing to share with beginners speaks to their generous spirit.   :)

3 comments:

  1. Woohoo!! Congrats.. so glad it went smoothly for you! Welcome to Florida.

    Ya know, I had heard that Florida wasn't allowing 'smiles' in driver's licenses anymore because their facial recognition software wasn't working. So I totally didn't smile in my pic. After she took my pic, I saw other agents telling their customers to smile if they wanted to... I totally should have asked to have mine retaken. I like smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cherie- Not only did the agent tell me to smile, he told me to say "cheeseburger"! Jolliest driver's license pic I've ever had. :)

    ReplyDelete