Sunday, January 20, 2013

Chug a Chug a Chug a Chug a WOO WOO!

I figure that to get the most enjoyment out of life you have to try some things that you "think" you wouldn't like. Just be open to things that come to you that you would never have gone looking for on your own. And that's how I found myself at a model train exhibit yesterday.


Model trains are one of those things that while being fun for kids, I can't say as I've had any real interest in as an adult. But when Karin's parents wanted to know if we wanted to join them in visiting The Suncoast Center for Fine Scale Modeling, we said "sure...why not?". A friend of theirs is one of the organizers of this museum. It just opened last year in Odessa Florida, outside of Tampa.

Karin & her dad checking out one of the displays
I'm not going to give you a complete rundown of the experience. That's one of my pet peeves of RV or travel blogs. Leave something for me to discover on my own!!! Okay....on to the show.



Right now the museum is only open one weekend a month. You can check their website for schedules. While open they run free workshops for wannabe model artisans. If this is your thing I highly recommend a visit! I, as a non model train person, enjoyed the exhibit a LOT. The displays were chock full of eye popping detail and there was quite a bit of humor to be found if you spent the time to look close. And looking close is half the fun. Really.   :)



Cow pies....teeheehee!!!
This would be a great place to take little ones. They even have step stools that you can take with you through the displays so that the shorties don't miss anything!





We're so glad that we went. I was really impressed by the craftmanship that went into these displays. Bravo!!!

3 comments:

  1. I love hearing about your adventures! Keep writing-!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love hearing about your adventures! Keep writing-!

    ReplyDelete